We are pleased to announce our newest
Impact Factor 2017 = 1.697
5 Year Impact Factor = 1.760!
We are grateful to all Editors, Reviewers, Authors and Supporters who contributed to this this great success!
Polish Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences was established by the Committee of Food Sciences and the Committee of Human Nutrition Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences, the Polish Food Technologists' Society and the Polish Society of Nutritional Sciences.
It has been published since 1957 as Roczniki Chemii i Technologii Żywności and Acta Alimentaria Polonica (1957-1991). Since 1992, it has been published by the Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn as a quarterly Polish Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences (one volume in four issues: March, June, September, and December). Since 2014, the PJFNS is published by a global scientific publishing house de Gruyter.
For nearly 60 years, the quarterly has significantly contributed to the development of food science in Poland. Since 1992, the journal has also been contributing to the development of human nutrition sciences.
New! IF (Impact Factor) (2017) = 1.697
New! 5 Year IF (2017) = 1.760
New! SCOPUS (Cite Score) (2017) = 1.95
New! SJR (SCImagao Journal Rank) (2017) = 0.651
New! SNIP (Source Normalized Impact per Paper) (2017) = 1.113
H-index (2017) = 12.0
MNiSW = 15 pts
SCOPE. The Polish Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences publishes original, basic and applied papers and review articles on fundamental and applied food research, preferably these based on a research hypothesis, in the following Sections:
- Innovative technology of food development including biotechnological and microbiological aspects
- Effects of processing on food composition and nutritional value
- Bioactive constituents of foods
- Chemistry relating to major and minor components of food
- Analytical methods
Food Quality and Functionality:
- Sensory methodologies
- Functional properties of food
- Food physics
- Quality, storage and safety of food
Nutritional Research Section:
- Nutritional studies relating to major and minor components of food
- Announcements of congresses
- Books reviews
Out of the scope of the journal are:
- Works which do not have a substantial impact on food and nutrition sciences
- Works which are of only local significance i.e. concern indigenous foods, without wider applicability or exceptional nutritional or health related properties
- Works which comprise merely data collections, based on the use of routine analytical
or bacteriological methods standard methods, determination of mineral content or proximate analysis)
- Works concerning biological activities of foods but do not provide the chemical characteristics
of compounds responsible for these properties
- Nutritional questionnaire surveys
- Works related to the characteristics of foods purchased at local markets
- Works related to food law
- Works emphasizing effects of farming / agricultural conditions / weather conditions on the quality
of food constituents
- Works which address plants for non-food uses (i.e. plants exhibiting therapeutic and/or medicinal effects)
Reviews on specific topics relevant to the advance of the Baltic Region food science and nutrition research are particularly welcome.
Review Policy: The Co-Editors with the Editor-in-Chief will select submitted manuscripts in relationship to their innovative and original content. Referees will be selected from the Advisory Board and/or qualified Polish or foreign scientists. Acceptance of a paper rests with the referees.
Manuscripts should be submitted to PJFNS via Editorial Manager system avialble at PJFNS homepage. Authors are requested to submit a cover letter with their manuscript, in which they should indicate: type of contribution, section of the journal as well as names and addresses of two potential referees.
The quarterly is covered by Web of Science, Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences, Journal Citation Reports and Science Citation Index Expanded, BIOSIS (Biological Abstracts), SCOPUS, FSTA (formerly: Food Science and Technology Abstracts), CAS (Chemical Abstracts), AGRICOLA, AGRO-LIBREX data base, EBSCO, FOODLINE, Leatherhead FOOD RA data base FROSTI, ProQuest: The Summon, Bacteriology Abstracts, Immunology Abstracts, AGRIS and Index Copernicus data bases, Polish Scientific Journals Contents (PSJC) Life Science data base available at http://psjc.icm.edu.pl and any www browser.